|More bulky than sleek|
This monitor is simply to good to be true. It’s big – with its 26 inch size it fills a sizable part of a desktop – and it’s affordable, with street prices as low as 250 Euro. It was this combination that struck me when I noticed it in a local electronics store. After rushing it home I found out that it lives up to its specs. It’s a solid monitor without major surprises. I got attached quickly to its 1920×1200 resolution, ideal if you want to have several documents open next to each other. There have been some people in forums complaining of a hissing noise emanating from the back of the AL2623W. It seems that the loudness varies from monitor to monitor, and perhaps mainly plagued earlier series. Mine doesn’t have this issue, at least not so loud that I hear it over the noise that my computer makes. It’s obvious that some cost cutting occurred at Acer when designing this model. For example, it cannot be adjusted in height or pivoted.
- Pro: large size, large resolution, affordable
- Con: no HDMI, basic quality, street price highly variable
- Verdict: if you’re looking for a large monitor, and can find it at a good price it’s a great one to buy.
- Size: 26″ Wide LCD
- Resolution: 1920 x 1200
- Brightness: 500 cd/m2
- Contrast: 800:1
- Viewing angle h/v :178°/178°
- Response rate: 5 ms (GTG)
- Connectors: DVI-D with HDCP and D-Sub VGA
- Misc. features: internal power supply, speakers, TCO 03